Surface-mounted sockets

Correct. Mine was1984; my brother in law was 2010. I remembered that he had commented when he came round and noticed our plugs. All mine have back boxes (patress boxes?). My BIL had the plugs moved as part of a major rewire and it was never imposed upon him. I expect that the surveyor was simply trying to help. (My surveyor in 1984 pointed out that the chimney would need re-pointing in the near future. Anyone know a good roofer?)

They are sockets not plugs. Plugs plug into them.

Sponsored Links
Yes sorry. Sloppy English - good job Jacob Rees-Mogg didn't see my post!

Sponsored Links
One of my skirting board sockets is a single. I have often thought that it would be a good idea to have a double (on the landing upstairs) but would my electrician be allowed to put one there or would it have to go into the wall above?

@Vicario
Please try and remember back a day or two. You’ve already been advised
There are no regulations that dictate the positioning of sockets in anything other than brand new properties.

There are NO fire issues regarding placing surface-mounted sockets ON wooden skirting boards.
?

CBA to post the same thing twice

socket_switch_positions.png

1944 - 40 years before the OPs supposed 'ok' house with sockets in the skirting boards.
Thanks. Mind you, given some of the skirting in my house which I described (some of it ~12" high, and about 3" deep), "... not less than 5 in. and preferably as high as 9 in. above floor level" would/could be on my skirting!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back