Surveyors fee for loft conversion SE Kent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I know this has been asked quite a lot but there does seem to be quite a large variation in answer's so if someone can provide some advice it could be appreciated.

I have had a chartered surveyor quote me £1200 + VAT for

1) Measured site survey
2) Preparation of drawings as existing
3) Preperation of proposals to clients approval
4) Submission of planning application(council fee's payable by me)
5) Submission of building regs application(council fee's payable by me)

I live on the South East coast of England so I expect to pay a bit more than those of you up north but does that sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Have you asked another surveyor to quote you for the same? It makes sense to aks two or three different ones, make sure they all quote on the same works to be done.

I am a chartered building surveyor and this type of work is bread and butter for me. I charge between £800 and £1000 for an average loft conversion. That includes everything in your list but I also normally co-ordinate with a structural engineer as well. The SEs fee is separate which he charges direct to the client. My fee does not include site supervision or tendering.

I am in the South West - sounds like we're a bit cheaper around here!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback

I did have a quote from another architect and if i recall it was pretty similar although theres nothing to say two people won't try to rip you off any less than one.

The bumf he sent me says something along the lines of it may be necessary to employ a structural engineer when I asked him about it he said they get several quotes on our behalf so I imagine that means he would liaise with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back