Susan Boyle

O

oompah

Any one heard her rendition of silent night? rather good in my humble opinion.In case you haven't listen to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvVmI2t9CQ
she was featured on radio 2's record of the week a couple of weeks ago might send a late letter to father christmas for her cd.

Sponsored Links
Anyone seen the clip of her on "My kind of people" hosted by .....What`s is face with the swimming pool . Only one looser there :LOL:

Not sure if I should admit to this :confused: -- I bought her CD yesterday (or rather the wife bought it for me) on the strength of her rendition of “Wild Horses” which is one of the best covers I think I have ever heard; not really listened to the rest of it yet.

Sponsored Links
go on fill yer boots, you know you only bought it for her photo :LOL:

Oompah.

WOW!

I watched her story on telly the other night and just LOVED the look on Simon Cowell and Amanda Holdens faces when she started singing.

Priceless!

Just goes to show, never judge a person by their looks.

Keep chasing that dream girl!

(Yes, I am now a fan).

go on fill yer boots, you know you only bought it for her photo :LOL:

watch_header.jpg

Photo Shopped :LOL:

Just goes to show, never judge a person by their looks.
You are completely correct conny and after seeing your photo i'm going to try my honest best to respect you (even though it'll be extremely hard)

frankly she has a good voice, but good as in regular, as in Im sure I could name 20 other female vocalists with equally as good a voice.

none which will ever be an Annie Lennox :rolleyes:

frankly she has a good voice, but good as in regular, as in Im sure I could name 20 other female vocalists with equally as good a voice.

She's a very curious character and not entirely endearing. All in all the whole thing is akin to a freak show. Unlike the winners of the talent show, she is highly marketable due to CD sales. There's no other reason why cowell et al have the slightest interest in her.

Luckily, I suspect that she'll disappear from the public arena within the next few months apart from being occasionally carted out on some chat shows as a musical interlude as a reminder of the funfare curiosity sideshow attraction that she once was.

Have to admit,
she does remind me of Janet Kranky.

But still think she has a nice voice but then so does Kathryn(?) Jenkins and a few others as pointed out earlier.

I dream a dream of her ferking off back to oblivion, from whence she came.

All in all the whole thing is akin to a freak show.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'm glad she's getting something out of this, hope she's not been shafted on the contract.

But, if I hear one more person say "Susan Boyle has taught us all not to judge a book by its cover" I'll scream. :eek:

Susan Boyle has not taught us that. Would we even HAVE the phrase "never judge a book by its cover" if it wasn't a rule we already knew and understood? :LOL:

Shame on all those who think they've actually been taught something here, because they pre-judged her ability to sing before she actually sang. :mad:

I don't think anyone picks their builder/electrician/plumber/plasterer based on looks, has anyone ever come up to you and said "Well, I mustn't judge a book by its cover - you're an ugly get so I thought you'd build my extension all wonky, but it's actually no worse than the one my neighbour had built by that good-looking builder!" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back