Suspect bra wire in washing machine

Well it's still in there and now it scrapes all the time when the drum is turning. It's so annoying because how can I get btween the drum and the machine ? There is no way it will work it's way into the sump as it has been weeks now.

Sponsored Links
Did you take out the heater element as suggested by 'planenut'? I changed one on my Hoover a couple of years ago after removing the front of the machine for access. Sounds scary but it was a very easy job.

Unplug before disconnecting the element wires. On mine there was a single 10mm nut to be undone, which relieved pressure on the oval rubber seal and allowed me to remove the element. There was very little clearance between the element and the drum so a solid object like a piece of wire could easily lodge there to create noise and maybe also an intermittent short circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back