Swap Potterton EP2002 for Honeywell ST9400C?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We are re-doing our kitchen next month and as part of the work we are having some of the wiring around the boiler tied up. I would like to swap the old Potterton EP2002 programmer with a newer type and have chosen the Honeywell ST9400C, as this should allow us to changing timing on the HW and CH independently and has a "holiday mode" for making sure the house is warm when we return from a "summer" UK holiday.

I've tried to find out if this Honeywell will be compatible with by current system before buying but could not find a definitive answer. Can anyone on hear advise before I buy it?

Regards

Sponsored Links
To judge if the ST9400C would be compatible with your system, you will need to tell us a bit about it cos I can't see your house from here!!
joking aside, I would be suprised if the ST 9400 was not suitable cos it is pretty universal, however depending on your system some of the features would not work - oh and you will have to wire in the new base plate, which is sometimes awkward because the Potterton unit's wiring base has about 4 spare teminals which can be used as a wiring centre, the honeywell base does not have this luxury! ;)

Ahh, sorry, what would you need to know about the system? We can switch off/on the CH and HW independently now with the EP2002, though this has to be done manually via the sliders. The timer switches both on/off together at the moment.

I'm planning to get it installed by an electrician, so they will do any wiring necessary.

Sponsored Links
I'm planning to get it installed by an electrician, so they will do any wiring necessary.

Unless your spark is very good with heating systems, maybe best to get a heating engineer to change programmers.

Some sparks are hopeless with ch.

OK, was being diplomatic.

All sparks are hopeless with ch. (except one I know called Nigel, who lives just outside Weston Super Mare.)

:LOL:

Just thought I would reply to say that the heating engineer I had fixed this find and it's working great.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back