Swiftflow 80 Boilier - Wont turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had a problem with the boiler and had to get the fan replaced. Everything was fine for a day or two but now the only control I have on the boiler is the mains switch. As soon as I turn this on it fires up and will not turn off until I switch the mains off or the pilot light goes out (safety feature?).
Any suggestions? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Cheers.

Is this easy enough to remedy? I've got the engineer coming out tonight?

Sponsored Links
If it is an early swiftflow then the flowswitch is the paddle type which has now been replaced (flow switch conversion kit) takes about 45 mins to an hour

Would this also cause fluctuations in the pressure on the boiler and noises which sound like there is air in the system?
Am I damaging the boiler by using it to heat the house whilst this fault exists?

If the heating still works it can't be the (DHW?) flowswitch.

Does the fan always run at high speed? Swiftflows use fan speed to modulate the gas burner pressure, so check the connections to the fan, and the air pressure tubes are on the right places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back