SWIFTFLOW Glowworm 80 - Central Heating not working at all.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

WE HAVE A SWIFTFLOW Glowworm 80 COMB-BOILER. It has not been used for over 6 months as house is being renovated. Now need to get things warmed up and get boiler working. The instant hot water from tap is working OK - the pilot lights up ok etc. But the Central Heating is not working at all and will not switch on. Also the fan is contiually going and will not slow or stop. Could it be that the pump has a problem - impellar not going round/stuck? or could it be electronic? Thanks for any ideas about this problem.

Sponsored Links
Does this require removal of the pump OR can this be done while still in place. What do you think is going on here anyway?

Sponsored Links
Are we thinking that the pump is clogged abd that it can be released (at least started off) by moving shaft with screwdriver. Going back to initial query, should there not be some click noise etc when C/Heating is switched on even though pump may be seized - I mean at the timer.

Water flows and heats fine when tap put on but nothing is being pumped via central heating system - there is no clicking sound etc, which would indicate it is at least trying to work. I intend to take off the pump and see if there is gunge in it etc. If it is clean and impellar is free to move what then?

I have checked the pump spindle and seems to move freely. I have also had the timer checked on another combi and this is OK as it switches over manually to C/Heating without issue. The make of the pump fitted is WILLO. Could the problem be electronic - a sensor perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back