Switch availability question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondered if anybody knows if there are any manufacturers out there who make a two-gang double-pole switch plate ?

The reason I ask is that I am replacing a sheet of damaged plasterboard in between the kitchen and the bathroom and currently the jacuzzi pump has the isolator switch (dp) fitted on that wall, together with the shower fan switch and isolator.

I definitely haven't seen one 2g plate with a dp switch AND a normal sp switch.

All three are separate plates and although I'm obviously going to leave the fan isolator as a separate unit as it's about 6" below the ceiling, I wanted to be able to "join" the two other separate plates into one unit to make for a "better look" I suppose.

I know you can buy grid type switches but TBH I'm trying to keep the same look as the hallway lightswitch if possible.

If grid is the only option, will all the parts required fit to a plasterboard back-box and just what parts are required to make a "proper job" ?

Errrr and of course I'm presuming (hoping) that because I aren't adding or modifying existing ccts, this isn't notifiable ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Hi, you need to use a grid switch system. All UK manufacturers
make them. MK, Crabtree …….

:D KA

Depends what rating of DP switch.

Scolmore have DP switches in Minigrid range. It looks like ordinary switch from the front.

No need to fit grid, but I believe the switches are only up to 13A resistive.

You can buy a 2G plate PRW402 and populate it with 2 x DP module.

Sponsored Links
Depends what rating of DP switch.

Scolmore have DP switches in Minigrid range. It looks like ordinary switch from the front.

No need to fit grid, but I believe the switches are only up to 13A resistive.

You can buy a 2G plate PRW402 and populate it with 2 x DP module.

I really like the look of those switches securespark, they would be great. I'll have to have a look at the light switch rear because they look identical to the one that is present.

I seem to remember that the jacuzzi pump was a ¾ hp model (but I'll check first) which is about 750W. With it being a motor, would that equate to a resistive load of just over 3A ?

I could actually fit 1XSP module and 1XDP as well with that set-up.

I'm guessing that the sheds won't stock those and I'd be better-off ordering from somewhere like TLC ?

Thanks again

If you are trying to keep the same look as the existing switches, then I suggest you contact or google the manufacturer of those switches and ask them.
The question you have asked it is impossible to give a beneficial answer to you, as we do not have any information on your existing switch style or make. The alternative is to change them all if you cannot find looky-likeys.

You can get a backbox which takes 2 single gang plates side by side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back