Swop rear axle

No you're quite right John. A straight swap would obviously the easiest. Depends on the ratios available.
Just thinking of possible options. :)

Sponsored Links
Just trying to remember, I think Bedford changed from the clunker Perkins to a Jap diesel at some time, but Peter will know better than me.
John :)

They used two Perkins engines, the lighter ones used the 4/108 and the heavier ones a 4/154 (cubic inches that was) the smaller one used the same gearbox as the Vauxhall cars but the 4/154 used a Bedford TK box. I never came across one with a different engine to those but that of course doesn't mean they didn't use one. That one may possibly have had a lower ratio on account of the greater torque but it was designed to carry more weight so perhaps not. A bit of research on the net might reveal something.

Peter

Sponsored Links
well interesting read guys, incidently the diesel axle is also to high ratio around 4.6:1. Going to start looking for an axle with drums and the right ratio after Xmas, if I cant find with drums I might then look for axle with discs. Really thanks for your input and happy Xmas.

Back