System boiler enough for my house?

For the cylinder it should be :

RM Stelflow 210 inDirect Unvented Stainless Steel Cylinder (ready for solar panel : not sure we need that option)
For the boiler : worcester greenstar 30cdi system boiler natural gas

Cheers
Mel

Sponsored Links
I found the plumber on checkatrader web site, he has good feedback, but i am still awaiting for 2 other quotes.

Hi

We need to change the boiler in our house. We have a 4 bedrooms house with 2 bathrooms.
We do want to have pressure for the hot water from our taps and showers.
I am not sure if that the right system for us that's why I am pretty keen on getting advice/suggestion from you guys:

1/ Worcester Bosch 7715430441 White Greenstar 42CDI Floor-standing Boiler
2/ Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco SystemFit Indirect Unvented Hot Water Cylinders 150L
3/ http://www.scaleout.co.uk/ or http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/homeowner/system-solutions/greenstar-system-filter

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Mel

If you have good mains pressure and flow, go for the largest ATAG two-bathroom combi boiler which will eliminate space consuming and needless silly cylinders. A quality product. About the best.

Be sure to fit combined flow regulators/isolation valves on all the hot and cold outlets to balance the system. Leave the bath and shower unregulated. Also have a 22mm cold feed pipe from the stop tap to the combi. You will never look back. Do not take in all those wet finger in the air plumbers talking about needless cylinders and combis are only good for one bedroom flats.

Sponsored Links
I found the plumber on checkatrader web site, he has good feedback, but i am still awaiting for 2 other quotes.

Be very wary of those websites. The feedback means almost as little as TellMeWhy's advice, which is bonkers.

Yup that's why I am waiting for others quotes as it's good to talk to them and see the way they are planning to do the job. Also they give you advice about things I don't know.

Hello
Do you know which scale reducer is good? They are plenty on the market but not sure which one I should go for?

We have hard water and it will be great if we can avoid to damage our boiler, cylinder and white goods..

Cheers

Hello
Do you know which scale reducer is good? They are plenty on the market but not sure which one I should go for?

We have hard water and it will be great if we can avoid to damage our boiler, cylinder and white goods..

Cheers

They are all a waste of time. A water softener is the only thing that works effectively.

Hello

Cheers

They are all a waste of time. A water softener is the only thing that works effectively.

Do you know any good water softener ?

Cheers
Mel

Ok we have a quote:

Megaflo_Eco_210I_Unvented_Indirect_Hot_Water_Cylinder
IDEAL LOGIC SYSTEM PLUS 30HE
Upgrade to fully pumped (inc grundfoss pump, controls and wireless room thermostat)
Vertical flue system
Install combi Mate Scale Reducer
Instal soak away (safe disposal and neutralization of condensate waste water)

BILL: £6570 :evil:

Seems pretty expensive as I looked at the price of the boiler and cylinder and I can get them for less than 3k

You must hold the G3 cert to be able to fit unvented cylinders, make sure you check anyone that quotes.

I would forget about this guy for starters,

1. megaflows are overpriced
2. he's suggesting a ideal boiler
3. he's talking about changing it to fully pumped (which is fine) but he is going to fit a grunfos pump, a system boiler already has a pump built into it

If you have good mains pressure and flow, go for the largest ATAG two-bathroom combi boiler which will eliminate space consuming and needless silly cylinders. A quality product. About the best.

Be sure to fit combined flow regulators/isolation valves on all the hot and cold outlets to balance the system. Leave the bath and shower unregulated. Also have a 22mm cold feed pipe from the stop tap to the combi. You will never look back. Do not take in all those wet finger in the air plumbers talking about needless cylinders and combis are only good for one bedroom flats.[/quote]

I would also ignore anything this numpty tells you as well

Is CBF another pseudonym for TellMeWhy wrote ? He seems to be offering the same "get a big ATAG" advice, virtually word for word.

Is CBF another pseudonym for TellMeWhy wrote ? He seems to be offering the same "get a big ATAG" advice, virtually word for word.

Nah it was a quote I think

He just added :I would also ignore anything this numpty tells you as well

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back