System Boiler or Traditional Boiler with Unvented System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am just about to replace our aged boiler with an new one. We currently have a conventional HW system supplied from an AGA and a floor mounted Potterton boiler for the CH.

We have a five bedroomed house with two bathrooms and will be changing to an unvented system and using the AGA just for cooking !! We already bought a new Heatrae Sadia CL 250 cylinder and assumed that this would be attached to a system boiler. I had a Worcster Greenstar 24i in mind for this but our installer is now suggesting we go for a traditional boiler.

Has anyone got any comments on the pros and cons of this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I am not sure what is meant by a traditional boiler?

You have a choice of a 24i system boiler or a 24Ri heat only boiler.

The system boiler would be used on a sealed pressurised system and the heat only on either open vented or sealed.

I would guess the installer is recommending an open vented system to .

If converting to pressurised then all the rad valves need to be changed to prevent leaks at the increased pressure.

Tony

A sealed system boiler will give a longer total life to the system as the system water is not gettting constantly aerated in the header tank ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back