System boiler noise - willo power flushing cure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have made several posts regarding an ongoing saga with my boiler - a chaffoteaux system plus 100. when the boiler is on the hot water mode it makes a groaning noise like an aeroplane when the three port valve opens.

I spoke to a heating engineer recently who said the fault was common in my neighbourhood as the majority of the systems had been installed by one company and all have similar issues.

My central heating water runs clear and the rads get extremely hot very quickly and the boiler works fine in heatign mode. It is only when the valve opens to the hot water flow when the problems arise.

It has been suggested to me that the pipes that run to the "megaflow" storage device are fouled and need cleaning.

Is it possible to use a powerflush to clean this part of the system independently. If so is it possible to override the diverter valve?

I have had sentinel running in the system for a while which has cured the central heating issues but not the hot water circuit. I have had BG look at it and they told me they don't support the boiler anymore and would i like to buy a new one of theirs...

I did have a new diverter valve installed but this did dot solve the issue!
Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Lee

Sponsored Links
Has it always been like this?........... have you a valve fitted to primary return from megaflow? , if so crack it open a tad & see if the noise gets any better.

Hi
Thanks for the reply. No the noise has gradually become worse over time. It did make the noise on the heating circuit but a good flush with sentinel cleared this. There is a valve on the top of the cylinder which i can check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back