Tackling a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya People,

Looking at replacing my bathroom and i have a few questions..........

Basically, i have 3 waste pipes in my bathroom, one from the basin, one from the bath and the other coming in from the kitchen sink. Am i allowed to / is it possible to have these pipes all connect into one?

So i want my bath waste to come around the room, then the basin feed into this pipe, then this connect into the one coming in from the kitchen?

I plan to use lots of the flexible pipes to make life easier for my self as this is my first attempt!

I also have an old fashioned shower which has a knob on the water pipe coming into it which i have to turn before the water comes out the shower. I want to get rid of this and chase the new shower water pipe into the wall. i am presuming this is ok? new showers must just stop the water supply and they don't need a knob on the pipe to let the water flow?

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can have them linked, but you want them to be as short possible. Remember you need a continous fll, so I doubt your bath was can be run all the arndt he houses.

plan to use lots of the flexible pipes to make life easier for my self as this is my first attempt!

I assume you mean for the hot an cold supplies; don't over do it though.If you mena for the wastes, I would try and stick to solvent welded pipe as much as possible.

I also have an old fashioned shower which has a knob on the water pipe coming into it which i have to turn before the water comes out the shower. I want to get rid of this and chase the new shower water pipe into the wall. i am presuming this is ok? new showers must just stop the water supply and they don't need a knob on the pipe to let the water flow?

Not quite sure about all this can you post a picture?

Holmesy02 if you run the 1 1/4" basin waste into the 1 1/2" bath waste and continue in 1 1/2" to the stack and then run a seperate waste from the kitchen sink to the stack that would be best.

Is the shower gravity fed hot and cold?
The shower supply pipes can be chased into the wall you will need to sleeve these in 22mm hep (or similar) to give them some expansion room and allow them to be replaced if necassary once they have been plastered over. You are correct about the 'knob'! when you install a new shower valve. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back