Tap still running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just fitted a new sink and taps at my wifes aunties, all was well till i turned the cold tap on the flow was ok but it continued even when i closed the tap.as they were new from BnQ (athens monobloc) i returned them , they exchanged them , but they did the same. i ended up putting the old set back on,and they worked ok, has anyone else had ths problem.
cheers steve

Sponsored Links
I have stated this before on this forum do not use either their taps ect or screw F*X as they are high pressure taps that cannot handle high pressures the valves fail as soon as they get any back pressure and will not shut. buy good branded cheap taps not make up a water sounding name like swirl and pretend its a brand to fool the public.

I am sure if you use a good supplier like us http://www.tapstore.com
you will not pay a lot. and get real knowledgable advice.

P.s yes thats us ;)

Disclaimer
I no way do I mean to be slagging down certain companys or directing this slighted comments towards anyone that might be bigger than or wealthier than me, I f I have offended any big fat cat companies in any way it is not the opinion of this forum (even if you thought it) but a very kinda generalisation and also not meaning to upset any orange wearing people or there very inexperience buyers straight out of universicity (I know my spell checker is not working) who have not got a clue.
yours as annonimous as I could possibly be.

cheers Technotim,
ive used theirs before with no problem, but will now look elsewhere.
steve

Sponsored Links
I tried that with the 2nd set. I only opened the stopcock a bit
Steve

That does not really reduce the pressure only the flow when the tap is off the pressure will be the same after the stop cock as pre stop cock.

when you have an open outlet the pressure will reduce after the stop cock but when you close the tap the pressure equalizes

Thanks for the advice about Bristan taps, bought a pair from a local retailers (would have ordered from you but i needed them on fri).
cheers steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back