tappings for a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i have bought an acrylic bath with no tappings for the tap. 1) What tool shall i use to make the holes without damaging the bath and how can i make the holes spot on so that the tap sits straight and where i want? 2) Most taps available seem to be chunky and since i want to tile the bathroom i am a bit scared that i won't be able to tile behind the taps as i do not seem to have enough space to accommodate the tiles due to the size of the taps. Have you got any advice on the matter? 3) Due to some pipes being boxed in, i will have to cut the acrylic panel to shape it around the boxed pipes. How can i cut it nice and straight without damaging it? Thank u very much 4 your time and inputs.

Sponsored Links
Careful measuring is the only way to get the taps spot on, or hold the tap in place and draw around the fittings. You can usually tile behind them.

To cut the holes, cover the area in masking tape, mark out the holes and cut with a normal hss hole saw.

The panels can often be cut with tin snips or a fine toothed hacksaw, but you have to be careful, as they are often flimsy and can crack.

G.

Careful measuring is the only way to get the taps spot on, or hold the tap in place and draw around the fittings. You can usually tile behind them.

To cut the holes, cover the area in masking tape, mark out the holes and cut with a normal hss hole saw.

The panels can often be cut with tin snips or a fine toothed hacksaw, but you have to be careful, as they are often flimsy and can crack.

G.
thank u 4 your advice

Sponsored Links
dotto said:
3) Due to some pipes being boxed in, i will have to cut the acrylic panel to shape it around the boxed pipes. How can i cut it nice and straight without damaging it?
If one of the flimsy ones, a Stanley knife with a new blade will do it. Do be careful though.

dotto said:
3) Due to some pipes being boxed in, i will have to cut the acrylic panel to shape it around the boxed pipes. How can i cut it nice and straight without damaging it?
If one of the flimsy ones, a Stanley knife with a new blade will do it. Do be careful though.
thank u very much Softus

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back