taps still a problem with pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi taps in the house are causing a pressure difference in the system causing my new shower pump to cut in for a second. i have tried nrv at taps with no luck. has anyone any other ideas. the system is a gravity fed indirect

Sponsored Links
taps are from top of s flange.to dhw pipe with vent.
pump is from tee off s flange.

does a inline valve exist that only opens when the pressue is high enough,ie greater than the blip that brings in the pump for that second(proportinal vale??)?

Sponsored Links
had another idea suggested to me that seems logical.
when the hot water is being drawn from the s flange to the DHW, this could be pulling water out from the shower feed slightly. When the DHW tap is shut off, the shower pipe reprimes thus bliping the pump on. If this is logical then i suppose a check valve in either feed to or from pump could cure this--what are your thoughts on this.

nrv gos on the hot feed but on the exit from the pump not supply to the pump.

If it helps in any way.....

I had exactly the same problem after I installed a shower pump. However as soon as I had got round to putting the shower screen up and we were using the shower everyday it went away. It never happens now.

Are you using your shower daily yet?

Chris

thanks for the help,
will install nrv tonight.
Have heard before that this problem goes away sometimes when in regular use, so i suppose it could be trapped air, although i have tried many times to thoroughly bleed the system.
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back