TCT Mitre saw blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a power compound mitre saw and the results I get from the 24 tooth TCT blade leave a lot to be desired.
The underside, back edge and the LHS of the cut all suffer from splintering (is it called ripout?)
Would I get a better result (less rip out) from a 32 or 40 tooth TCT blade?

I'm just playing with odd lengths of wood at the moment but will eventually be using the saw to cut laminate flooring.

Sponsored Links
the more the teeth the smoother the finnish with less splintering

the actual number of teeth depends on the blade size

on my 10" saws i have freud pro 60 tooth on the dw712 [8 1/4"] 48 teeth

the only disadvantage is you need to cut slightly slower [chop rate] as the teeth are removing less material as they are finer :D

Sponsored Links
I'm a raw beginner with these saws, but the 80 tooth 10" Erbauer blade I got from Screwfix for laminate cutting (£60 though) has just done an excelent job on 18 mm furniture finish laminate in my inexperienced hands using a B&Q Sliding Mitre Saw - not the best available. Feed it gently let the saw do the work.

Very clean edges with no chipping.

Similar results obtained with an 80 tooth blade in a (cheap) circular saw, but not so straight (my fault plus wearing vari-focals - no straight line seems straight - so if it looks straight then its bent)

You just haven't got to be in a hurry, and the dust seems finer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back