Tecnik Cooker Door Hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Tecnik Cooker E - Nr HB3TI51 Type EB42323 TKC 195/3.

The sprung hinges don't hold the door closed fully - I'm told that this is a very common fault with these cookers.

Does anyone know where I could get some new hinges ? Apart from being inefficient, the excessive heat escaping from the door is scorching my kitchen units.. I'm so fed up with this problem that if I can't get some new hinges that work I'm going to take the cooker out soon and throw it on the local tip ! . :rolleyes:

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
Thanks - It looks like they might be a bit tricky to replace as well.
I'll see if I can figure out how to replace them if I had a spare set and take it from there.

I called Tecnik ( or whoever they use for repairs ) when the cooker was still under warranty. The repair they carried out lasted about a week before the hinges had the same problem and they then refused to repair them saying that someone must have stood on the cooker door ( which is complete nonsense)

As a result I'll vever buy anything made by Tecnik in the future.

As a result I'll vever buy anything made by Tecnik in the future.
That wont be very hard seeing as Tecnik don't make anything ;)

All their stuff is factored, meaning its made by a third party manufacturer and just has their name stuck on it.

Sponsored Links
I dont know this model at all but does the door come off 'the last technik I looked at they did.

If so putting a piece of packing (I use a piece of thin stainless steel) over the door roller where the hinge hooks on at the bottom may help alleviate the problem for a while.

That wont be very hard seeing as Tecnik don't make anything ;)

All their stuff is factored, meaning its made by a third party manufacturer and just has their name stuck on it.

Same difference - I won't buy anything that has Tecnik branding. The attitude of their "after sales service" people was appalling.

I think they must have got Woolworths to make my cooker..... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back