Temporarily extending a boiler flue

Hi Tony, the boiler will be installed by a gas safe engineer for sure but as indicated by this conversation, there are many different views and I am trying to understand the situation as best as I can to ensure that we select the appropriate solution.

Sponsored Links
Your gas safe engineer will need to flush the existing system to a clean (british standard) to comply with the manufacturers instructions and warranty needs etc...... a filter is really just a procaution but a good idea.

Your gas safe engineer will need to flush the existing system to a clean (british standard) to comply with the manufacturers instructions and warranty needs etc...... a filter is really just a procaution but a good idea.
Oh dear, you've not read the whole thread have you? You've read a little bit and assumed, and now you look silly. The OP is having a complete repipe in a couple of months, including new rads, so a powerflush is unnecessary - he's just after a solution to get his new boiler going for a couple of months so he can remove his old one

Sponsored Links
Me so stupid, me not read good Englash, if only I get GCSE. Haha

Yes I read the whole thread, yes I know the situation and yes if the new boiler is fitted to the old system it will need flushing to the correct standard as required by manufacturer, benchmark etc. This will be one of the 3 flush methods in the British standards, whichever is suitable.

Regards, stupid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back