Testing pressure for electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Also doing a loft conversion and planning on an electric shower with mains CW feed but no one has tested pressure or flow yet in the loft.
A while ago when tested at kitchen tap it was 1.8 bar and 15l/ min Does it need to be tested at loft - eg where it comes into the cold water tank?

Sponsored Links
No need for further testing.
However, if you don't trust the plumber, get another one.

1.8 bar is not a huge pressure if you have a 2 story house then but the time you get up to loft shower height you only have 1.1bar and do not forget that would depend on the time of day the first test was done, if done outside hours when other properties are using there water in peak times it might be less. check also the shower you buy as some require a higher working/maintained pressure than others.

Ps Electric showers are pants.

:LOL: yes you have prompted me to investigate further. Aqualisa technical support line is great and they have just given me lots of info

electric showers need 'working' 1 bar of pressure in the loft and produce flow rate of 4/5 litres water per minute ( ie pants) in winter, summer when water not have to be heated so much maybe 6/7 l per min - (still pants)

Solution is an A. quartz digitial which has a processor (1.5 bar pump) that as long as is below cold water tank (it needs to get flooded) will then supply the loft shower no probs even shought shower head is 6ft higher. Flow rates 12/l min to 16/l min so much better. :)

Our plumber is fine but we are dealing with a builder whose plumber is not so available and I want to get it all specified before we start rather than have conversations as we go along. Thanks for all the input.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back