testing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is no qualification required it only states you should have the required training. In most peoples eyes this means you should hold a C&G 2391 qualification.

However to advise on the condition of any installation one also needs insurance so if you make a mistake and are taken to court as a result you have the ability to pay any award given.

There are two common insurance policies those insuring against bad workmanship and those insuring against bad advise. (professional indemnity policy) and one you need to have the latter to really give a PIR (periodic inspection report) and that is really the bit you need.

However I could test my own house and sign all the paperwork and it is unlikely anyone could fault what I have done.

So to answer we must question why you want the paper work? Although the installation certificate can be signed by anyone with the required knowledge to get a completion certificate one has to be either a member of one of the overseeing organisations of pay the council their fee up front.

So please say exactly what you want?

i replaced 2 ring circuits and the D.B. in a house and she wants a testing cetificate. what should i give her and where can i get it from?
Ta

I'm not familiar with Scottish regs, but would this work require a building permit type thing?

This is not notifiable work as in Scotland but you still need to fill in an EIC.

I seem to think you can print one from the IET site somewhere. Try clciking on the forms at the top of the search.

Where's one of them eating popcorn smilies when you need it?
Will this do?

moon.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back