Tevi Shower - intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Any help appreciated :D

My parents have a thermostatic mixer shower (made by Trevi) supplied by a instaneous hot water system. This type of shower was recommended for this type of system.

I believe it was supplying hot water OK during the summer - but now it runs cold (even on the hottest setting) with the occasional bit of hot water coming through (that lasts about 15 seconds before going cold again).

Do you think I need to take take the casing away from the shower (as I believe there is a maximum temp regulator on the inside) and turn up the max. temp setting..?? or do think it could be something else..??

Sponsored Links
There are two common causes of this problem:

1. Scale inside the thermostatic cartridge, preventing it from working properly.
2. A component failure within the thermostatic cartridge.

The first can be remedied by descaling, the second by replacement.

Given the time of year then if you're in a hard water area you might wish to see what descaling does. You need to know (a) how to isolate the valve from its water supplies and (b) how to remove the cartridge.

Personally I haven't done any maintenance work on any Trevi valve, but if it's not obvious how to disassemble then ask here and there's bound to be someone here who knows how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back