Texacom Prem Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So in my old house I had a Tex Prem 24, etc, and loved it. So want to buy same again for my new house.

Now my new house is MUCH larger, so looking at the 88 or 168. Now I have some questions, I guess each panel comes with 8 zones, and the number 88 or 168 is the max number of zones in total? I guess this means buying 8 Zone expanders and PSU's? Is that right?

The new Prem Elite, would the xp200psu zone expander work with this?

It looks like it will hold X2 expander boards, is this correct?

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
yes.premier 48 should be ok for any domestic even better as you can buy the 48 as a kit . 1x panel 1x prox keypad and comm2400 around £130 plus vat.

So any of the x8 expander s would work?
I see they sell expander s without PSU? What are these used for?
Sorry for so many questions, just not had to use the expander before.

I take it they are just daisy chained on the network like the keypads?

Cheers

All depends on how far the expander Is from panel and what current you are taking from expander eg 8 zones with duel techs at 20 ma and extra bell powered off expander would be better powered , 8 zones with door contacts and no other devices ok from panel

Sponsored Links
Great thank you, so can use a mixture I guess.
Think most devices will need power as most are PIR or Vib Window sensors

I've got a premier 88 at home. I've got the panel and one expander powered by the panel in the house, and then a powered expander in the garage which does all the out-buildings including another none powered expander in another building at the far end of the network run.

I tried it all originally using none powered expanders, but the run from the house to the garage was too long, and the volts dropped too low.

Even if you don't need 88 zones, have a look at the spec, as it also has more setting areas, programmable outputs, keypad support etc.

My system is set up as basically 5 individual alarms, with an area and keypad in each building, so each one can be armed and disarmed individually, but then the extra functionallity of it all being one system which allows things like an indicator in the house if any of the outbuildings are not armed, so I don't forget to lock up and set the alarm on a night if it has been left off in the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back