texacom veritas 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install the above alarm and was wondering if it would still function if i chose not to use door contacts ?
What "arms the alarm", by that i mean when i come in what tells the alarm i have to disarm it, would it be the pir i have in the hall?

Sponsored Links
so does the PIR activate the alarm on entry (motion) without a door contact?

I thought we had established that.

If no contact ( Stupid move), then the Pir is made the "entry/Exit" device.
Better make it timed set though :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I will eventually put a door contact once i know (subject to new planning) where the front door will end up. Can't do rear doors as i forgot to run the blinking cables at the time...
With the Veritas can a third party dialler be incorporated?

Thank you.
Reading the instructions for both the controller and PIr i was wondering if you could help/explain.
If i set the PIR to EOL with the jumper on 10k (JP1) and 22k(JP2) does this mean i no longer need to wire the yellow and blue to the tamp in the controller.
Currently i have left the PIRs in default o/c. The manual then shows the use of a choc block with all tamp Yellow and blues connected with only the last zone black and red being connected.

I am a little confused on what to do here.
Am i better setting jumpers in PIR to EOL rather than global then just connect zones in the main controller and not connect the the yellow or blues ?

I guess EOL is better as i have individual runs to each PIR and any faults can be traced to a specific PIR
In which case would i only need to connect the zones at controller end white/green for power and red/black for zones while shorting out the global tamp connectors in the controller

Which Veritas is it?
R8+ or Excell can do EOL.
Lower ones not.

Yours is probably not as your manual shows Double Pole wiring.
So use the tampers in series.

Mine is the R8.
Does that mean only the last sensor cable has the RED/Black and white green connected as per diagram in install manual and connect via a choc block?
All other cables only a blue and yellow used

Your wrong according to what I know, Texecom`s website and documentation.

And no your not understanding the diagram are you.
How are you wiring the mains if your unsure about a PIR?

Page 12 of manual shows 4 core and 6 core cable with only zone 28 using all 6 cores.
Maybe the manual could make it clearer.Using my own logic without the manual i,d say connect all cores of all cables to the AUX and Zones, but wire the Tamp global in series via a connection block. The manual however does not illustrate this to a first timer,.
As per Electrics, that will go via an un switched fused spur on its own circuit.

Zone 28?
Or
Z8

As it is a 8 Zone panel.

It only shows zone 8 connected for clarity.
Ample enough for a first timer.

I am more worried about what book your using to fit the spur.

Well building regs were happy enough to sign it off with the other spurs i fitted so must be a "clear" book :)
"Ample enough for a first timer" yes 6 cores from a four core cable. clear as mud.
Anyway, all done thank you. And even the fused spur works on my 3 core and earth :eek: i mean twin and earth :)

In the previous it shows 6 wire and 4 wire connections ( Page 10 or 11 without looking).
Then the ENTIRE example shows both with the alarm connections removed for clarity. Apart from Zone 8.

Each cable is labelled 4 or 6.

Now you cannot seem to see Z only a 2 ( you have not said what reason that was for either), you also cannot see a 4 or a 6.
Everyone else seems to cope with it.

So have fun, or get some glasses :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back