Texecom 48 Expander & Outputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just installed a Texecom 48 with 23 zones using 2 expanders and the control panel for zones. All gone well, but I can't program the outputs on 2nd expander box. I can program the outputs on the first expander box, but the siren i have wired into ouput 1 on the second box is continually sounding and i cant access the output programming from the keypad. Anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You certain the 2nd expander is correctly connected and seen by the control panel? Check by going into 'Engineer utils' and 'confirm devices' to ensure the panel sees all expanders and keypads.

If the problem is that you cant get to the 2nd expander outputs in programming, I thikn there's a key press (maybe Zero key if I rememebr) that takes you from expander 1 onto expander 2 etc.... Its not press 1 for expander 1 and press 2 for expander 2. Otherwise I think you can also scroll up/down to go through all available outputs.

Jibbeh,
I will try that 'zero key' and see if that then takes me to expander 2 output options. I did sid see that output 1 on expander board is preset to guard, so what I have done for the time being is wire the siren into '-dc' and 'output 1' which means it isn't going off constantly but don't think it will do anything when the alarm goes off. Will have to test it tonight when customers are out the way!
Many Thanks

Have you set the little dip switches on the expander PCB to address it as expander 2?

Sponsored Links
The 'zero' allowed me to change the expander 2 output options so thats all sorted, just have to figure out a panic button and a frost alarm and i will be all set! Many thanks to you both!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back