texecom bellbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have a Wickes wired alarm system.the black and red wires go from the control panel marked "bell" to the bellbox siren.i have bought a new bellbox for the back of the house( Texecom Oddessy 1e),but this needs a 12 volt supply.is there any round this.have tried wiring up to the siren direct-bypassing all the internal workings of the texecom.but still no joy.do i need a sounder(siren)that can run of the black/red wires like the wickes one??

Sponsored Links
If the Red wire is 12v and the panel switches the black one (goes neg on activation) then you should be able to connect the red one to the +12v and the black one to the Switched neg or bell or whatever name they've given it in your new bellbox.

hi.i have a Wickes wired alarm system.the black and red wires go from the control panel marked "bell" to the bellbox siren.i have bought a new bellbox for the back of the house( Texecom Oddessy 1e),but this needs a 12 volt supply.is there any round this.have tried wiring up to the siren direct-bypassing all the internal workings of the texecom.but still no joy.do i need a sounder(siren)that can run of the black/red wires like the wickes one??

its relatively simple but not the right way to do things

modern external sounders need a permanant 12v supply so -

12v (red) to the 12v terminal on the sounder pcb

trigger (black) to the 0V and the trigger terminal on the sounder pcb

and see if that works

thanks for quick response.on the new bellbox you said put black wire to OV and BELL-VE.do i take the black wire from the OV and loop it into the bell terminal.also there is a strobe terminal marked -VE as well.do i loop into this as well.the alarm panel is only 6 months old from Wickes.so you thought it would be quite "modern".

Sponsored Links
thanks for quick response.on the new bellbox you said put black wire to OV and BELL-VE.do i take the black wire from the OV and loop it into the bell terminal.also there is a strobe terminal marked -VE as well.do i loop into this as well.the alarm panel is only 6 months old from Wickes.so you thought it would be quite "modern".

yep - just as you describe but the proper way is to utilise all 5 cores needed as per the instruction sheet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back