Texecom - ComIP connection issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Hoping for some advice before I call texecom tomorrow. Spent several hours this evening getting a Prem Elite 24 up and running.

3 keypads, 1 expander - all working fine!

I've the comIP - and plugged that into 3 different routers (non of which have broadband - we are waiting for the phone line to be installed) - but on all 3 the comIP would not connect up to the router.

I went into each routers config - and other than indicating something was jumping on and off at 100mbs - it never stayed for more than a few seconds.

I continued with all the settings via the keypad (adding an IP, gateway etc etc.) and then assigned it to com port 1 - but nothing - simply would not connect.

I have a feeling the comIP might be at fault, even without the config keyed into the panel, it should at least hold a stable connection to the router shouldn't it?

I've done a short video to show the disco lights of the comIP!

Hoping if anyone can see an obvious thing I've missed?

thanks

Just to add - this thing seems to be stuck in a cycle all the time, about 30 seconds and it red lights quickly on LED 1 before trying again and again....

Sponsored Links
I would have to go through and check a few things, but Support should have sorted you out by now?

its been a nightmare! - spent hours yesterday trying to get the thing working, and again today, and finally got texe support to talk me through, they agreed in the end the unit must be faulty - "never known a faulty comIP" they quickly added. But in fairness - the support guys are great!

bought the thing off ebay too! - dispute raised!!!

Have bought from a trusted supplier now today too - so hopefully it will be working next week!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back