Texecom door contacts - adding another set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the texecom premier elite system which has now been running for several years. One of the zones is using this:
IMG_2021.jpeg

It’s on the door of an outdoor shed and it’s set to chime when this door opens (when alarm is unarmed). When the alarm is armed, it will trigger the alarm in the same way that a PIR will. I’ve been very happy with its reliability.

I am now extending this shed, which means that there will be another set of doors that are a potential entry point for an intruder. The current cable goes through the fabric of the house and connects into the panel. It will be very difficult to put another alarm cable in.

Is there anyway, I can daisy chain off the current door contact and add another? I’d want this to behave the same as the current one.

I would appreciate your advice on this. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Wire them in series ….or check if there are any spare cores in the cable
Excuse my ignorance but when you say to wire them in series, does that involve taking a new alarm cable and connecting it from the existing door contact to the new one? If yes, would both create the chime (even when 1 or both sets of doors are open) and will they both activate the zone (even when 1 or both sets of doors are open)?
I will check for spare cores as that provides the benefit of each being on its own zone I assume?

Thanks for your help.

Both contacts need to be close to allow chime to function. If one contact open the other will not chime when opened.
Different ways to wire in series.This depends on how zone wiring is setup.
Double pole or EOL.

Sponsored Links
it’s been a while.

so what system do you have and what’s occupied/ used up and what’s free?

I suspect you have 6 core or 8 core cable Going to this location and only using 2 Cores currently?

you need 4 cores to add a keypad or expander.
only 2 cores to add a contact.

seperate zones is easiest, as for sharing a zone it depends what you have wiring wise as to what can be done.

without looking at the manual for the specific device you have, wiring of these devices usually has several wiring options, so it’s important to know the exact model you have so it can be determined.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back