Texecom keypad silent on entry countdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I can't seem to find a setting to turn on an audible countdown when entering the door (using a door contact on entry/exit setting).
Where would I be able to re-enable it? Something must've turned that off...

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Here you go, mate

1000097552.jpg

That was all set up correctly - thanks for checking, though! Just found the issue. I had the area programming set to timed exit for some reason... Maybe this got changed when I changed the batteries in July... Check here for more information: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...entry-exit-vs-timed-exit.623647/#post-5651483

Now it gives me a proper countdown sound when I leave (interrupted when I open the door) and - most importantly - enter the house again

Why do you think that?
I think someone told this to the sellers of my house when they sold it to me (including the texecom system)... I think it might depend on your installer contract. In any case, it would make sense to check with the installer to get hold of the engineer code.

That was all set up correctly - thanks for checking, though! Just found the issue. I had the area programming set to timed exit for some reason... Maybe this got changed when I changed the batteries in July... Check here for more information: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...entry-exit-vs-timed-exit.623647/#post-5651483

Now it gives me a proper countdown sound when I leave (interrupted when I open the door) and - most importantly - enter the house again
Alright - actually that only appeared to have fixed it for a an evening... Today, no entry sounds were audible again. I unchecked the Speaker Tone settings again for the Entry (to make a star appear) - then left the engineer mode. Since then it's working again. What is interesting is that when I check the Speaker Tone settings menu now - it shows an E and not a * anymore... Hope this fixed it for good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back