Texecom Premier 24 Battery Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Texecom Premier 24 that is complaining of a battery fault.
Every so often is beeps for a bit. Keypad shows "Battery fault".

I have now replaced the battery with a new one of essentially the same type (12v 7Ah) (brand is different, but otherwise the same). The previous battery was installed almost exactly 2 years ago (I have the invoice, and indeed the date is written on the battery).

I have tried entering my code and pressing Reset, but it *still* shows battery fault. It now also shows "Charger fault".

We inherited the alarm with the house, we don't have the engineer code, and the company who installed if have been taken over and THEY don't apparently have any record of the engineer code either. I have tried the "engineer code reset" sequence (press the little button on the PCB for 6 seconds with the panel lid tamper closed), but it doesn't apparently have any effect.

Any ideas? Am I destined to be woken up in the night by the beeping for the rest of eternity?

(Clock is also wrong, but you need to need the engineer code for that?)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try powering down the system (mains & battery) then reapply power. Enter user code, then reset. Sometimes code twice then reset twice.

To set time enter code & press menu follow on screen menu to navigate to set time.

At least for me, "menu" doesn't do anything, doesn't give me a set of menus to navigate. Looking at the user and installation instructions I think it's likely I need the engineer code for that.

I'll try turning it all off and on. The clock is wrong because I did that a while ago in an effort to completely disable it to stop the beeping, but the end result was that the external sounder went off thinking I was trying to tamper with the system.
So I need to pick my moment :)

See attached. Instead of the menu button you can scroll down until you see the user menu option. Might sound like a silly question but are you using a valid code? If you tried defaulting the panel codes then it may now be 5678

Attachments

• IMG_6143.jpg
    IMG_6143.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 758
Sponsored Links
hmm charger fault, Its possible that the PSU may be failing, not a very common problem but there have been issues with some of the older ones, if you ask them a few questions about it nicely they may send you a replacement as they are good at sorting issues out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back