Newbie Premier 24 battery question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello forum,

I have recently moved into a house with a Premier 24 system with key fobs.

The battery seems like it needs changing as it has battery fault alert and I checked with the alarm company who confirmed it hasn't been replaced since installation (2008).

I dont have any codes for the system just the key fobs. I want to change the battery but I'm not sure if I am acessing engineer mode properly as when it asks " enable engineer mode" and I press yes it just beeps returns to the home screen so doesn't ask to confirm at all.

Can I access battery by just shutting off power to the main box?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Jay

Sponsored Links
Open main box alarm will sound,switch off with fob or code ,replace battery, put lid back on , enter code or fob then press reset ... If it still shows battery fault you will have to wait 24hrs as it will not clear untill the next battery test.....depending on software version

as with sparkymarka on this.

You can speed the process up, by down powering completely, connect the new battery press kick start, system powers up on battery and performs battery test, then switch the mains on.

Doing this will mean you have to reset the time and date, so probably just easier to wait 24 hours. Master users can reset the time and date ( aswell as engineers codes) not sure about ordinary users on the system so another reason not to try and speed it up just in case you dont have the access level to set the time and date.

Thanks for both replies guys puts will give it a go when I get the chance. Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back