Texecom Premier - COMIP protocol issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier 48 on firmware 8.01 and a COMIP that I'm having problems with...

Essentially, if I have the protocol set to either Contact ID or SIA2/3 (with the send SIA text option ticked), the COMIP will not send anything out - the keypad just sits on 'Initialising... Please Wait...' before eventually giving up and giving com2 resetting/idle when attempting a test call. Generating a real event like a tamper etc doesn't create any data either.

I have Montex running locally and the ARC settings pointing to that. Polling does work - I get a poll every 15 minutes as configured.

If I set the protocol to 'Fast Format' and do a test call, it works.

Short of wiping the alarm config and trying again, I'm at a loss as to what I can try next. I've had wireshark running on the machine running Montex, and when its set to either of the problematic protocols, I get nothing from the COMIP at all - its like the alarm is just stuck and doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
would need to check your your udl digi options programming for a start, also what is going through the comip also.

digi options enabled?

Evening,

This is the current configuration - set through keypad. I have just tried wiping the panel and setting up just the ARC stuff to no avail. Now restored to what I had before.

192.168.0.17 is where Montex is currently running for testing.

I2F7dLH.png

b3p8gfA.png

QNhSoWl.png

ZVfywzB.png

Sponsored Links
I am online now if you want me to take a look at whats going on, playing games so not a problem

I haven't set much up in Texbase, though I get the alert for missed polls when I've made changes that have stopped it polling too etc.

6Nre7KK.png

Frustrating. The fact I get absolutely nothing in wireshark seems like the panel isn't actually doing anything.

Either work, localhost and the actual adapter's IP equate to the same thing as far as its concerned.

Montex may as well not even be running at this point - there is absolutely no data coming from the alarm to the Montex machine to even suggest a connection is trying to be made.

okay if you don't want to listen then fair enough, I cant help you.

its been a while since I last set one of these up so I would have to refresh my memory on how it works, but seem to remember it was relative simple, point the ip address in the right place and the port, listen on the same port etc etc.

Set loads of them up though around the time the old app notifications went awol, setup up a computer for 24 7 operation had many customer accounts coming in and then set up a few for clients and the setup didn't require changing the ip address from 127.0.0.1

just need to set he panel up, but need to get another pc up and running for that as it has the data for panel access.

okay I have set up

upload_2018-4-21_0-23-6.png

upload_2018-4-21_0-23-27.png

This panel isn't as old as yours but setup and working, installed montex and texbase from scratch and it automarically setup the BDE, downloaded from Texecom so this is the latest version

changing it to contact id.

upload_2018-4-21_0-27-45.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back