Texecom - radio rx tamper, what's this....

Its unlikely to happen to again, in a hurry as there is no need to place the expander into comissioning mode (tamper).

The exact sequence events that lead to one thats difficult to clear when the tamper has been secure is unknown by me.

Normally you would just do an engineers reset to clear it out of the system, but for some reason ocassionally something is done which makes it stick even after the tamper has been resolved.

The power cycle resolves this , if anyone can create it by an exact sequence of events time and time again I would be interested to know as much as anyone else.

It tends to happen with those not familiar with the wireless, rather than with some one that installs regular.

Sponsored Links
Out of curiosity . What does the RX receiver do if it finds the radio channel is being blocked by transmissions from items that are not part of the alarm system ? Could blocking be reported as a tamper ( which it could be if the blocking was intentional to defeat the alarm )

Interesting question bernardgreen.

Texecom are probably the best for a definitive answer on how the systems deals with radio jamming from all sources, but they may not disclose this.

It would report radio jamming I would have expected from the literature, rather than RX tamper.

A power cycle would not clear a jamming fault unless the device causing the jamming was decomissioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back