Texecom SmartCom "No Carrier"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just hooked up a SmartCom to our Premier Elite 48 panel (via ethernet) and while the setup seems to have gone OK (I can speak to the panel via Wintex via IP, so I know thats working), it's failing to connect to generate a code to start using the Texecom Connect App failing with "NO CARRIER".

I'm reasonable network savvy and everything seems to be working correctly and configured correct from a network point of view. The only thing I can think of is that it is an issue connecting through the Three mobile network (the panel connects to a Three 4G hub to get to the Internet), but I've not seen any other restrictions with other devices.

The issue arises when selecting 'Enable Texecom Connect App?', then selecting 'Yes'

I get the following messages:
- Please wait... Modem is online
- Initialising... Please wait....
- Start SetupCall Sending IP.......
- Call Initialized Using ARC1
- Call Retrying NO CARRIER

And then just loops.

Things I have tried:

- Rebooting everything (panel and SmartCom)
- Checking 4G Router and ensuring the SmartCom is connected (if not I wouldn't be able to connect to it using WinTex via IP).
- Followed the SmartCom PDF for the NO CARRIER issue which seems to indicate the device just can't reach the Internet.

Anything else I can try to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I got it from ebay, not sure of the software version, how would i connect to it to find out? If I go to the IP address of the device I don't get anything...

Sponsored Links
OK thanks, I'll not be able to check until Monday. Could it be a SmartCom firmware version that it's not working?

@sparkymarka thanks for your responses, i appreciate it.

Quick question ahead of me checking the SmartCom version on Monday, is there no way at all to firmware update them? I assumed purchasing a SmartCom device it would work with the panel, or if not, they could both be upgraded to work together.

Would Texecom help?

Thanks again.

If it’s pre v2.02 then it can’t be upgraded anymore ( that’s if it wasn’t upgraded originally ) texecom was swopping out the units a few years ago but I doubt they will now …
What software version is your panel ?
Press menu 4 on keypad …

See so many selling on eBay with stuff that won’t work claiming is new.

No carrier can be however related to setup issues, but usually means it can’t see the internet connection, ie nothing to cart the information on.

If it’s pre v2.02 then it can’t be upgraded anymore ( that’s if it wasn’t upgraded originally ) texecom was swopping out the units a few years ago but I doubt they will now …
What software version is your panel ?
Press menu 4 on keypad …
It's version 6.x (can't recall what the x is right now, but it was the latest version available)

See so many selling on eBay with stuff that won’t work claiming is new.

No carrier can be however related to setup issues, but usually means it can’t see the internet connection, ie nothing to cart the information on.
I'd agree, but I (wrongly) assumed that SmartCom was SmartCom, seems a bit bad that there are versions of it that won't work/not supported due to a version issue that can't be flashed...
In terms of the connectivity, I can't really see what can be wrong other than Three's network blocking it, but everything so far (PBX, etc) seems to work with no issues. I'll deep-dive it more on Monday and run some traces and try and see how far it's going. I've read that in 2022 they changed some of the endpoints, maybe it's trying to call the wrong ones, but surely they can be updated somehow...

Thanks again for the input so far.

Version 1 smart coms released and the users could login and update the smart com, Texecom pushed out to all smart coms connected the updates more than once before they could no longer be updated.

So all my customers were updated periodically so they should be on the latest versions.

If your around tomorrow after 1pm, call me, I have an idea or two but not sure if it will work as need check a few things out whilst on the phone.

do you have a usb com? and or PC and or laptop.

No promises and no charges but prepared to take a look and try the ideas I have.
If what I try doesn't work you can try Texecom so your no worse off, also may be able to advise on who you can try and contact if say technical cant help you out.

Version 2.02 and below no good unless they where upgraded about 3-4 years ago
I just checked the ebay listing and apparently it's a v3 (I haven't personally checked the unit as I'm away until Monday).

Assuming its a v3, does that mean I can upgrade the firmware on it? If so, do you know how?

Thanks again.

Version 1 smart coms released and the users could login and update the smart com, Texecom pushed out to all smart coms connected the updates more than once before they could no longer be updated.

So all my customers were updated periodically so they should be on the latest versions.

If your around tomorrow after 1pm, call me, I have an idea or two but not sure if it will work as need check a few things out whilst on the phone.

do you have a usb com? and or PC and or laptop.

No promises and no charges but prepared to take a look and try the ideas I have.
If what I try doesn't work you can try Texecom so your no worse off, also may be able to advise on who you can try and contact if say technical cant help you out.
Hi, that's very kind of you, thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm not near the panel until Monday, I have the lead (USB-com) and can connect to it via the lead or via the smartcom using the IP address IP using Wintext, so all that part works, it just doesn't seem to be able to contact Texecom for the code.

@sparkymarka OK thanks, will check properly on Monday when I have physical access to it.
Would it need to be updated further?
Is there a way to check it's actual firmware remotely? As I have access to Wintex I could check it now.

Assuming it is v3, I still need to find out why it can't communicate with Texecom though... Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back