Texecom veritas LCD panel dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So I woke up and the LCD panel was all dead. I bought a new battery and replaced it but the LCD panel just makes weird noises and doesn't show power light or anything. Would it be possible that the LCD panel is dead? Could it be a power cable, but nobody touched anything? Which cable from the picture is power one?
Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 17.21.00 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 17.21.00 (1).jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 17.21.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 17.21.00.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240507_160314.jpg
    20240507_160314.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
How do I clean these Contacts? I already cut the wires and connected them properly because the way how it was connected before is beyond comprehension levels

Sponsored Links
I've put it back, I had to do it at the beginning, When I opened the box, the alarm went off like crazy (LCD panel was dead so I couldn't type PIN). I figured pulling blue cable stopped the alarm. Now I learned I can pull out black connector with the fuse and it stops it too.
Long story short, I replaced the battery but the LCD panel is still dead, just making some weird noise.
Question before buying a new LCD panel is how to prove it's dead? I would assume white cable should be checked if it delivers 12V?

which one I can use on the panel? Can I use just one cable to the keypad where it says 12v?

I connected it using SW+ directly from the panel with one cable replacing white one, I guess this should power it on right?
Seems like keypad is dead

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    882.8 KB · Views: 14
Just hold on a second.

SW+ is programmable and not what was meant by wiring the keypad direct to the panel.

The keypad requires 4 wires or cores as they are referred to and that is one cable of at least 4 cores.

So to eliminate a dodgy cable, wiring a short new cable to the keypad terminals +-TR to the panels +-TR is what is required.

So I connected it directly to the panel like "secureiam" said and the keypad works so this points straight to the cable, but why would it stop passing electricity, it's in the wall, nobody touches it? I need to buy Multimeter Tester to test endpoint connection, maybe it's less than 12v for some reason and it's not enough to power keypad or maybe there is no electricity at all for some reason, buahh

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 08.32.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 08.32.55.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 13
Well for now I used blue and yellow cables instead of white and green and it's working.
How difficult is it to replace this cable?

Thanks guys for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back