Thanks help not required any more on my Roof.

Sponsored Links
I can't see what the proposed higher purlin position will achieve especially since you are showing them unsupported. And how would you move them?

It may be that you could have just your new walls as support even though the distribution is eccentric. The remaining longer span would need to be calculated to see if this is possible.

However, what is gonna support these new vertical wall/purlins? Two steel ceiling binders?

Sponsored Links
Fact: Without getting all your guesswork checked out by a structural engineer and backed up with Building Control Approval (required for structural alterations) when you come to sell and the surveyor picks all this up you’re gonna enter a world of pain. If I was buying a house, there are plenty of areas/items where I would not be concerned about if corners had been cut or Regs not applied for. Alterations to the roof structure is not one of them and I would walk away the moment i looked in the loft.

And why anyone would go through all this just to avoid manoeuvring through the trusses is beyond me.

Some poxy regulations are there to save the sensible amongst us from the stupid. That’s a fact.

YouTube has some excellent ideas and examples, one need not bother these forums any more.

Yes even the roof above you needs some thought, besides I thought you said that was your last post given that you didn’t think you’ve ever had any useful advice on here? Now clear off back to youtube for all that regulation free quality advice or get your mate to knock you up a design, poor fella, doesn’t know what Muppetery is about to hit him! Funny you didn’t ask him first.

No need now , i will just get the local builders in. If building regs are necessary they will get that sorted out.

These Forums are like the NHS Direct or NHS24, you ring them to seek advice, they spend hours taking your details, ask you all about your symptoms, and then finally advice you to visit your GP! very helpful indeed!

Either there is something very badly wrong with the me or the whole poxy society is smoking some stuff that i missed on, am I the only sane person left on this earth? I wonder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back