the belt on my hotpoint washing machine keeps coming off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the belt on my hotpoint washing machine keeps coming off, it seems to be out of alinement, does anybody know how to fix this

Sponsored Links
thats a new one on me.

spin the inner drum by hand is it noisey?

What model is it?
There are loads of different models of Hotpoint. Some you can tension the belt on, others use stretch belts.

The model is a hotpoint first edition, what's happening is that i put a new belt on, and for reasons i can't explain, it slow moves to the back of the pully, when i look down the motor and pully seem to be out of alinement

Sponsored Links
It's an older machine. WM series or older.
Check you've got the correct belt and if it is, adjust the tension on the belt by adjusting the motor position.
Check for play in the inner drum, if the bearings are worn the drum can drop forward.

I don't know about the older machines, but my two year old Hotpoint (WF220) has a belt which is grooved on the back and engages on the splined motor pulley.

If its not put on "far enough" then the belt can run too close to the edge of the drum pulley and come off...........

This machine doesn't have a tension system either.... just solid three point fixing for the motor. So, I guess when the belt goes slack, it's just time for a new belt...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back