the combi boiler explodes, and the plasterer dies

Sponsored Links
I thought the general consensus was that British Gas, given the chance, will rip you off more times than a 'payment up front' prostitute with short term memory problems. Apologies, however, if I've misread the sentiment and British Gas are, in fact, the bee's knees.

If that is your opinion why did you get british gas to look at your boiler in the 1st place ???

Because we have British Gas Home Care cover at the most expensive level, so we were thick enough to think that we might actually get a Boiler repair out of it.

So because they will not repair your boiler hence , your original comment or remark about the british gas engineer ???

Well there is that, plus we had a leak from the boiler about three years ago and it took four different visits from four different British Gas engineers to properly diagnose and fix it. A genuine, real life 'how many British Gas engineers does it take to change a lightbulb' situation.

How u gonna get a boiler repair cos sum numptys been playing about with a gas boiler that he knows nothing bout?3rd party fault etc,nobody would cover that. :)

I had my money on divine intervention, but God's a busy fella these days, what with all these earthquakes and floods. Sorry, my mistake, that's the other chap with the horns.

Depend's on the light bulb & were it is ??? THe fact of the matter is you may well have issue's with B.G , I expect alot of B.G engineer's also do , but , there are alot of B.G engineer's on this forum who for what ever reason have helped & do help those person's who come onto this forum , there not payed sometime's they get a thankyou !! your remark's in your original posting , are not warranted toward's those guy's on here !!!

Sponsored Links
Op, although I can understand your desire to be quite humorous in your replies, desultory comments aren't doing you any favours.

OP sounds like the Customer from hell, he slags the plasterer, slags the gas engineer, my advice AVOID :eek:

Well there is that, plus we had a leak from the boiler about three years ago and it took four different visits from four different British Gas engineers to properly diagnose and fix it. A genuine, real life 'how many British Gas engineers does it take to change a lightbulb' situation.
So, armed with this experience, you carried on with the homecare agreement, and now they have condemned your boiler you're going to get a quote from them. And in the meantime you're going to insult a few pros on here, some of whom are BG engineers.

It's not really boding well, is it op?

This sounds like a windup post or the the OP is a class one pr#ck with an attitude problem

A photo of the boiler may help, if only to provide us with something interesting to look at. If your BG contract won't cover the breakdown (and presumably you'll have repeated your plasterer story to them in which case they'll have lost interest, if you'd just said it went bang and stopped working you might have got more help from them) then you'll have to replace the boiler yourself. You could try to hold the plasterer liable but that might result in hefty legal bills in a case you may struggle to win.

I thought the general consensus was that British Gas, given the chance, will rip you off more times than a 'payment up front' prostitute with short term memory problems. Apologies, however, if I've misread the sentiment and British Gas are, in fact, the bee's knees.

If that is your opinion why did you get british gas to look at your boiler in the 1st place ???

Because we have British Gas Home Care cover at the most expensive level, so we were thick enough to think that we might actually get a Boiler repair out of it.

the only way you shouldnt be getting a repair is if the parts are not available.

If they say it's beyond repair ask them why. If all the parts are still available they could in theory, build you a new boiler!

They would repair if u could get parts but its chargeable,and on a 10 year old brittony,u would b better off goin down the bookies and putting 500 quid on a dead horse :LOL:

you all may not like the OP attitude(made me laugh :LOL: ) but bg engineers are under a lot of pressure to condemn boilers (they are having strikes about it) so op could well have a fix able boiler. get a second option on how fixable the boiler is and if BER then get a quote to compare with bg one

to be honest if I was the OP I would be well **** off with bg lack of trying...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back