The fan in my Ferroli is stuck full on, new P.C.B time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came home last night to a cold house and a noisy boiler. The fan was full on and making a real racket and the pilot light was out. The only way to turn off the fan is by switching off the electrical supply. As soon as you turn the electrical supply back on the fan starts back up at full pelt and stays that way.

Is this the death nell for my 17 year old Ferroli Combi 77 FF?! :cry:

I've been nursing it over the past few years and last month it stopped responding to the LCD timer however it did work manually.

Any info appreciated as it's a tad chilly!

Sponsored Links
SOunds like a relay on the board might have stuck in energised position - you should be able to see it . RL3 I think. IF so try whacking the relay, but if the contacts are welded hard it's a new pcb.

Cheers I'll give that a try, many thanks, fingers crossed ;)

At this age you should start to ask how much nursing (money and agro) is it worth to keep this old thing going. guess a pcb is going to cost you a couple of hundred

Sponsored Links
I checked the relay and it's not stuck. It moves on when the electricity supply is switched and activating the fan.

I've been saving to replace the boiler in the new year as I knew it was only a matter of time. It just had to get me through this Xmas... :rolleyes:

I suppose it's not possible to get second hand PCB's?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back