The latest anti-UKIP 'documentary'

Sponsored Links
It seems to be a way of integrating subjects by giving them a context.
So rather than students asking' why do we need to learn this?' , the question is ' what do we need to learn to do this?'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ms-its-education-system-10123911.html[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you. Yes, I remember being told that we now had to integrate as many subject areas as we can, and that was two or three years ago. I know what it is, just not the fancy title!

I never liked the idea, though. Just another trendy experiment by the 'experts'. For one thing, some topics just don't relate to others, especially when you are teaching them at the same time of year; others can be made to relate but appear to be quite false and tenuous.

No, I still believe the methods used in the 1950s and 1960s when I was at school are the best. There has been far too much political interference in education over the past couple of decades, in fact I just read a newspaper report that that is why teachers are leaving the profession in droves, apparently.

It seems to be a way of integrating subjects by giving them a context.
So rather than students asking' why do we need to learn this?' , the question is ' what do we need to learn to do this?'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ms-its-education-system-10123911.html[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you. Yes, I remember being told that we now had to integrate as many subject areas as we can, and that was two or three years ago. I know what it is, just not the fancy title!

I never liked the idea, though. Just another trendy experiment by the 'experts'. For one thing, some topics just don't relate to others, especially when you are teaching them at the same time of year; others can be made to relate but appear to be quite false and tenuous.

No, I still believe the methods used in the 1950s and 1960s when I was at school are the best. There has been far too much political interference in education over the past couple of decades, in fact I just read a newspaper report that that is why teachers are leaving the profession in droves, apparently.

I agree on removing it fro being a political football.
Again with Finland, education is not politicised.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
I agree on removing it fro being a political football.
Again with Finland, education is not politicised.

The only reason it is politicised in this country is because our wonderful politicians see it as a means of drawing the attention of the electorate to their 'successes'.

And when their interference turns out not to have worked, they make the exams easier so that everyone gets an A*.

The amazing thing is that so many of our thick electorate believe every word!

Back