The mayor of London ......

https://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/publications/bns/bn208.pdf

The number of full-time-equivalent police officers in England and Wales fell by 14%, or almost 20,000 officers, between 2009 and 2016. This has undone the workforce expansion of the 2000s – there are now fewer police officers in England and Wales than there were in the late 1990s.  The Labour Party have pledged that, if elected, they would increase the number of police officers by 10,000 by 2021–22, which they have costed at £300 million. This could return officer employment to around the level it was in 2012.  Between 2009 and 2016, employment of non-officer staff has fallen faster than employment of officers – by 23%. As a result, total employment in the police service has fallen by 17.4%, and officers’ share of police employment has risen.  Spending on the police fell by 14% in real terms between 2010–11 and 2014–15. Central government grants for the police fell by more (20%) but some forces were able partially to offset the cut by raising more money through council tax.

Sponsored Links
They're mugging people for mobile phones. If they were stealing loaves of bread from Asda, I'd buy the poverty thing. There is no REAL poverty in this country - ie. people starving in the street.

And if they were in 'poverty' - is the answer knife and gun crime? It's just imported 3rd world violence and the 'poverty' thing is how some try to excuse the behaviour.

Food crime has risen sharply since the benefit cuts and there is real poverty in this country. Do the 300k or so people who are homeless not qualify for your description of people starving in the street? Homeless people as well as others who are raiding dustbins for food? Sounds pretty much like poverty to me.

Where I do agree with you, and it's without proof and more of a feeling due to a documentary prog I watched is that a fair few of these kids, and they are kids, are stealing on mopeds because of greed and a sense of entitlement. The doc I watched had one kid saying he could never afford things even if he managed to get a minimum wage job, so they were taking it from people who could afford to lose it as they didn't see why they had to go without. It angered me to watch this prog as they were nothing but little sh its, but at the end of the day, a lot of these kids DO come from poverty or poor families. This is why I think there is a link between poverty and the rise in this kind of theft.

Please look at the first link you gave me.
It's his election pledge if he gets elected, please read the article you have just gave! If that's too much, just look at the date, then look at the date he became mayor.
As I said in my previous post, as far as I know, he didn't cut the numbers of stop and search while mayor and this year has said he will increase them. You actually should LIKE the London mayor because he's going to do exactly what you want him to do :)

You are blaming him for something that he didn't do.

https://www.asian-voice.com/News/UK/London/Sadiq-Khan-pledges-to-reduce-stop-and-search

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/khan-changes-course-on-stop-and-search.268435/

Posts original topic

So all this crime and Khan is concentrating on a Trump blimp !

Sponsored Links
I don't wish to call people names, but you are coming over as really thick.
You blamed the decrease on stop and search on the London mayor.

:arrow:
He actively reduced the stop and search policies !!!!!!!!!! under his stewardship knife crime has soared !!!!!!

It's simply not true.

So all this crime

remind me, who was the tory Home Secretary who cut police numbers a few years ago? And in the face of explanations and pleading told them to shut up?

Theresa, her name was.

I wonder what happened to her.

What has cutting police numbers have to do with rising crime ? It may have an impact on solving crime, but not increasing it.Would cutting teachers increase the number of kids in school? Would cutting nurses increase the number of patients? No.
That has to be at the top of the list in the competition for the most stupid comment in the history of this forum!

I'm sure you know that the boss of the metropolitan police is a political appointment by the Home Secretary.

"Theresa May has been officially rebuked for misleading MPs and the public over false claims that the government is providing an extra £450m in funding to local police forces in 2018/19.

The chair of the UK Statistics Authority, Sir David Norgrove, ruled on Tuesday that the claim made by May repeatedly at prime minister’s questions last month “could have led the public to conclude incorrectly” that the government was providing an extra £450m for police spending over the next financial year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...f-misleading-public-over-extra-police-funding

Sponsored Links
Back