The old water leaking from the soap dispenser problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Newbie so morning to one and all and apologies for the naivety of my maiden post. I belong to lots of forums and am well versed in reading stickies before posting etc. I have reserached this problem generally and on this forum but am still a bit confused so here goes:

Have Hotpoint Aquarius WD63/64 Washer Dryer (can't find out which!). Every other time the machine is used water comes out of the soap dispenser and ends up flooding the floor. Not exactly gushing but enough to irritate er indoors. Have checked and cleaned the draw and tried poring boiling water down etc but to no avail.

I know the problem is going to be a blockage somewhere whether its a lump of detergent or my son's smelly sock. Guessing I have to remove back cover to expose the problem but don't know whether I need to switch water off and disconnect hot and cold hoses etc. Also looks like I have about 13 screws connecting the back cover to the machine. Is this normal?

Checked with know alls in work and some folk seem to think its the filter while others say its the hose and I need to remove some spring clip to expose the block.

Would appreciate any advise in these circumstances. Er indoors due back from Mother in Laws around tea time so have a bit of time to play with.

Thanks for your time.

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
remove rear panel 13 screws, down the botton is a black sump at the back of drum made of rubber, remove clip and clean the filter out .

Many thanks

Di I need to disconnect hot/cold hoses and switch water off etc etc

no ,not unless pipes are short and you cant move the machine around

Sponsored Links
Hi

Have cleaned out dtergent dispenser and removed and cleaned filter but water still leaking from the same place.

Looks flat surface to me (obviously too flat). Do I now need to tilt it afew degrees from back to front? How would you suggest I do this.

Many thanks

Longshanks

yes unwind feet so it tilts back and turn water pres down slighty ,also remove blue slide in the soap dispenser the one on the right.

Hi

Sorry to resuurect this but:

Cleaned filter, cleaned dispenser drawer, reduced pressure and water still comes out of the dispenser (not enuf to sink a battle ship but enuf to make a small flood on the kitchen floor)

Di I really have to tilt it back from horizontal? Er indoors is none to pleased with that suggestion!

Many thanks

L

when u unwind the 2 front feet only by a fraction it should tilt back slighty , about a half inch if that .when does it leak during the fill or when it starts to spin :?:

you got old soap powder stuck in the tube that runs off the dispenser , remove lid and squeeze the black tube on the dispenser base to crush the powder .

Squeezed the tube as suggested but water still dribbling out on filling. Didn't fell like there was any solid deposits just water squelching.

Don't suppose you can remove this can you?

I guess I'll have to try tilting it as the last resort.

Just extremely annoying but thanks for your help.

L

Sorry if the OP has solved the problem but did you try turning the input taps down a bit so less flow into machine. The input pipe will have a water trap in it ( to prevent hot air escaping when drying clothes. This indeed may be partly blocked. Take it off and give it a thorough clean out. In the past I have seen these pipes SOLID with old soap powder. So much so I have had to use a soft headed hammer to break it up.. No joke, a hammer !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back