The old water leaking from the soap dispenser problem

Thanks

This is a new one on me. How do I get at the input pipe to check for blockages?

Ta

L

Sponsored Links
new to me as well , :confused: could mean the the rubber hose under the dispenser which as been said before.

Hi Everyone

Need to resurrect this I'm afraid as the machine is still leaking from the drawer and er indoors thinks we need to go to Currys ASAP.

To recap I have:

cleaned dispenser drawer
cleaned filter
squeezed black tube running from dispenser drawer
reduced pressure
increased the height using the castors

I'm not sure if the advice to "clear the blockage in the input pipe" is covered above. If not could someone please advise how I should do this.

My last point is that one of the castors is obviously knackered (thread gone?) so it doen't lift on the one side. Is there any way to rectify this as it just turns and turns without moving.

Many thanks for your time.

Longshanks[/list]

if it really is a soap clog, you might be able to remove it by:

doing hot fill (if your machine does it)

throwing the soap powder through the door instead of using the dispenser, to prevent future build-up. I have found this method is good for preventing soap clogs. some people also like to use excessive amounts of powder which tends to cause clogs.

i am a householder not a pro.

Sponsored Links
does the soap draw close properly & flush
try tipping a load of white vinegar & a lid of bleach in there at the beginning and see what happens :idea:

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WM62P. Unscrewed the back to unblock the filter or pump. But the hoses are attached with gold clips that I just can't undo. Any tips?

Use pliers then squeeze the clips together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back