The Power Of Social Media

There's a Sainsbury's and a John Lewis near me who share the building and they both had poppy desks outside their main entrances.

Sponsored Links
Couple of questions.

How many posters on here bought a poppy?

How many bought more than one poppy/wrist band?
(for wearing on different coats/jackets saving the trouble of moving the single one around)

How many ACTUALLY wore their poppy?

Do you still have it or have you thrown it away now the ceremony is over?

I bought mine in Sainsburys from a guy from the British Legion...

its still on my coat.

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest, at first I couldn't find anyone selling poppies when I went into our local town:
Boots - no
Sainsbury's - no

Deplorable.

I later found them being sold in my Doctor's surgery.

I wore mine until yesterday and then disposed of it.

Sainburys Yes!! When I got home Mrs Pred had lost hers and wanted mine.

Well I hope you got a few bob from her for it.

Save it for next year...

I'm sure this was a wind up response B&L, :D

Strange only a few of us admit to buying them.

Everyone else too :oops: to say they didn't I wonder?

I don't know about people on here*, but when I was out and about a few days ago just about everybody was wearing a poppy, even young people I'm happy to say.

(*although I'm not too sure about Joe and Aron!)

Just out of interest,,, those who did donate for poppies to pin to their coats,,,,,, How much did you put in the tin? I bought 4 this year at my local British Legion., putting £2 in the first time and a pound each subsequent time.
I also attended our local Remembrance Sunday service with my dad (who wears his Suez medal with such pride) A tradition I hope to carry on for as long as I live.

If any of my poppies survive till next year, I still give the lady my money, I just don't take any poppies.

I pay £5 for each one and £5 for the wrist band as well.

Its worth it just to see the look of gratitude on the old peoples faces. (I always buy from ex-service personnel not just any box in a store).

Sponsored Links
Back