The Tories so far..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So what's our opinion of them since they got back in?

The anti's either STFU and go away of offer some unbiased criticism or praise.

I voted tories but so far i have to say they aren't making the changes i want for my friends and family. If anything they've just ignored it. Alot of my old crew still are contractors, most of them are losing or have lost their jobs due to IR35, i really feel for them it's absolutely not on allowing the likes of HMRC as usual to bully the lowest hanging fruit.
Its a simple test, 'are you doing similar tasks to someone else in your team? - if yes you're a scum bag tax avoiding lowlife and should be on paye.

But wait, what about holiday sickness etc?

HMRC - 'lalalala can't hear you'

Government is so far ignoring and just letting the pack of wolves feed on the innocent.

I have to say also im still not feeling the fact we are any time soon seeing accountability and transparency across the cabinet, that's what i want.

They have the power to change now they really need to step up.

Sponsored Links
Contractors will feel the pinch come April. Nat Ins to pay now.

What did you expect? If the corps get away without paying much tax the burden falls on us.

IR35 is here to stay.

Well few of my mates mentioned a few banks just on mass got rid of all their contractors.

What did you expect? If the corps get away without paying much tax the burden falls on us.

IR35 is here to stay.

I agree SirG it's tantamount to bullying the easy prey, don't pay up we go for your homes. Utterly evil Avit Javid is doing feck all he's a sh't puppet.

Sponsored Links
Well few of my mates mentioned a few banks just on mass got rid of all their contractors.
Yep lots of friends across banks going or gone and in pharma cos too. Its cascading down HayesIT etc all doing it.

I agree SirG it's tantamount to bullying the easy prey, don't pay up we go for your homes. Utterly evil Avit Javid is doing feck all he's a sh't puppet.

Yes quite a few contractors have been stung and many more are living in fear the HMRC doesnt come after them.

Yep lots of friends across banks going or gone and in pharma cos too. Its cascading down HayesIT etc all doing it.

I believe there are ways around it. But asking contractors who receive no benefits to pay Nat Ins is really unfair.

IR35 is here to stay.

It's been around over 20 years. With all due respect I don't think you have a Scooby. IT contractor for 27 years, NI fully paid.

Agree they still do pay NI absolutely just not on dividends, hence the payroll figure is lower to ensure you still make your contributions to register for state pension.

Agree they still do pay NI absolutely just not on dividends, hence the payroll figure is lower to ensure you still make your contributions to register for state pension.

Of course, we're not totally thick. That said, when it's all balanced out we don't pay much less tax.

Are you thinking of people trading as self employed? They pay an NI rate that is about half what Employer's plus Employee's contributions would be.

IIRC they can't claim Jobseekers Allowance

https://www.gov.uk/self-employed-national-insurance-rates

If you have your own business, but are an "employee" of the company and receive income as wages or salary, you can pay tax and NI under PAYE, and both Employer's and Employee's NI contributions are due.

There has been a long campaign to prevent people sliding their earnings out of the "taxable earnings" category. Some of the tax and NI avoidence schemes are obviously wrong. It can be expensive and troublesome to be subject to an HMRC invstigation, even if you have done nothing wrong.

AFAIK there has been no such campaign against tax-dodging billionaires, multinationals or Prime Ministers.

CameronTax.jpg

It's been around over 20 years. With all due respect I don't think you have a Scooby. IT contractor for 27 years, NI fully paid.
What's your thoughts EddieM have you lobbied your local MP? I know many have round my way in fact there's an uprising parallel to the Loan charge group who already have a good number of MP's on board.

It's so wrong, and this is one reason why i am feeling disillusioned with this gov already allowing a twisted view on reality as is hmrc to be picking on the defenceless. Meanwhile corporation X with any defence layer is left alone.

I read the other day examples like this makes my p1ss boil

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-51222424

Are you thinking of people trading as self employed? They pay an NI rate that is about half what Employer's plus Employee's contributions would be.

IIRC they can't claim Jobseekers Allowance

https://www.gov.uk/self-employed-national-insurance-rates

If you have your own business, but are an "employee" of the company and receive income as wages or salary, you can pay tax and NI under PAYE, and both Employer's and Employee's NI contributions are due.

There has been a long campaign to prevent people sliding their earnings out of the "taxable earnings" category. Some of the tax and NI avoidence schemes are obviously wrong. It can be expensive and troublesome to be subject to an HMRC invstigation, even if you have done nothing wrong.

AFAIK there has been no such campaign against tax-dodging billionaires, multinationals or Prime Ministers.

You insure against it, and no, PSC employees cannot claim JSA or universal credit.

Of course, we're not totally thick. That said, when it's all balanced out we don't pay much less tax.

Yep and you don't have the buffer of a permanent employee and the potential of working 6months and being out of work for a few in between.... you have to fend for yourself to find new work, a permie role covers you here of course.

Sponsored Links
Back