The Weather

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unseasonably cold. Not very politically correct of the weather...

5C here at the moment in my part of England. Has been as low as 3C in the past seven days. I was a little hasty in casting those grass seeds two weeks ago, although they are gradually germinating and growing, slowly.

When will the season of global boiling, burning red weather maps, and media hysteria finally begin? (i.e. when will it become reasonably warm and sunny?)

Feel free to share your thoughts on the weather, gardening, anecdotes about cold days and rainy days... and global boiling days...

Sponsored Links
It was quite warm here last week, but this week has been quite a bit cooler.

Sponsored Links
It begun some time ago. The "weather" is different.

That's not how they portray it in the media. If there's some hot weather they make out it is because of climate change. But then they remain ominously quiet when there is a prolonged spell of colder weather. Presumably because they have a global boiling narrative to sell for the high up, rich people who use private jets. The sorts who you are a useful idiot for.

Now, do try to stay on topic, Dougal.

It were cold in June in ' 75

I remember seeing a documentary about a spell in the 1960s when there was severe snow. As in, trucks being buried in snow. And it went on for months. Conversely, they experienced, by our standards, extreme heatwaves in the 30s.

Speaking of the 60s. I was reading about the Hong Kong Flu of 1968. Seems to have been very similar to covid. 100,000 people died in the UK. They didn't lock down though, didn't even consider it. Just got on with life. Good thing really as the economy wasn't doing so good around that time. Good old labour government. To be followed by an equally crap tory one. Some things never change!

“My part of England”

Far too vague to be helpful

Surrey has been bright and at times quite warm this week

“My part of England”

Far too vague to be helpful

Surrey has been bright and at times quite warm this week

Indoors yes.

Here's the Met Office's take where I am (North West)...

Screenshot_20240426_214252_Opera.jpg

I believe we are still expecting a very hot summer for 2024. At the moment we have a northerly in the Atlantic pushing our warm stream down. Once the seasonal westerlies start it will warm up.

Sponsored Links
Back