The Weather

I really wouldn’t bother.

The guy is totally self opinionated, he is only interested in the sound of his own voice.

It’s people like him that really put me off the idea of going on a cruise….I’d be bound to end up sitting next to “a Berty”and then have to spend the rest of the cruise trying to hide from him.
He mistakes going on and on for actually being aware of anything.

Sound of his own voice covers it nicely. Verbal diarrhea. Very little good comes out.

Sponsored Links
Can you be more precise

According to NOAA's 2023 Annual Climate Report the combined land and ocean temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.11° Fahrenheit (0.06° Celsius) per decade since 1850, or about 2° F in total. The rate of warming since 1982 is more than three times as fast: 0.36° F (0.20° C) per decade.

What's your point, Jonathan?

By the way, the claims quoted (I am unable to quote your post) are based on the available data - from thermometers mainly for the period under considerarion. Thermometers have massively increased in number over the period you mention - and massively increased in global coverage. A lot of warm developing countries would have had very few if any reliable ones earlier on whereas somewhere like England would have had far more. Even modern thermometers aren't that accurate, plus or minus a couple of degrees. And they are often located in hot positions like at airports or, in any case, urban areas which have a lot of background heat to them compared to non urban areas. The basic data just isn't very good I'm afraid.

What's your point, Jonathan?

I am interested in peoples' views on climate change and why they doubt it is happening. Some people say it simply isn't possible that gases in the atmosphere can have a warming effect. Others deny the earth is warming at all. Some accept both these things are happening, but argue that the gases are not the cause of the warming.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Man made climate change is simply a fact, the question now is, how do we deal with it, if we even can.

Man made climate change is simply a fact, the question now is, how do we deal with it, if we even can.

So will we be hotter as some experts say, wetter as other experts say. Some say it will be drier with spreading desertification. Then it's unseasonably cooler at the moment. Will more experts be along to claim this as another manifestation of climate change? :unsure:

Or is it just that the climate is highly variable? Just like it's always been since the dawn of time. :idea:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So will we be hotter as some experts say, wetter as other experts say. Some say it will be drier with spreading desertification.

All these things. It will get hotter. Dry areas will become drier. But in wet areas, the extra energy will cause more violent storms.

I have a feeling you knew this :LOL:

That sounds unlikely.

Certainly not. Check any thermometer and the technical information will explain that there's a potential variation in readings. Plus or minus a degree might be more accurate but that is of significance when the claims being made by alarmists involve roughly 1 degree centigrade.

Certainly not. Check any thermometer and the technical information will explain that there's a potential variation in readings. Plus or minus a degree might be more accurate but that is of significance when the claims being made by alarmists involve roughly 1 degree centigrade.

I am certain that thermometers used for these purposes will be high quality and will be regularly calibrated.

I am certain that thermometers used for these purposes will be high quality and will be regularly calibrated.

Read up.

Either way, how do you get around the issue of thermometer coverage over the period you referred to and the number of them affected by the urban heat effect?

More to the point, what makes you think the rate of increase being discussed, which you have to really expand the axes on a graph to look even remotely concerning, hasn't happened numerous times before without the influence of man? The period selected seems somewhat arbitrary.

Far too many questions like this.

Protected reversing thermometers were introduced in 1860s and had an accuracy of 0.05c

Sponsored Links
Back