TheHighmayWan

Rumour has it the grub in Scotland is not to clever ? deep fried batterd mars bars washed down with irn bru :)

German grub ?? blimey frankfuters and other sausage recipes , lucky u do not know whats in it :)

China / Korea they eat cats and dogs :eek:

Russians ?? dunno probably all potato based :?:

Sponsored Links
Worst things I've ever eaten...... Haggis in Scotland and sheeps brains in Tunisia:sick:

I love haggis, always have it around Burns night although no Scottish myself.

Worst thing Ive had is Andouille sausage in Brittany.....yuk

Rumour has it the grub in Scotland is not to clever ? deep fried batterd mars bars washed down with irn bru :)
You can eat anything covered in batter and deep fried with a choice of red or brown sauce.. You only have to ask em. Chippys in Scotland are fab, at least the ones in Edinburgh were that I lived near. Never eaten battered anything, but they used to also be like a mini supermarket, really handy if needed stuff in the middle of the night.

Sponsored Links
You read the link?
The public healthcare system in Portugal continues to frustrate and disappoint locals and expats alike.

It would seem that healthcare in Portugal isn't as rosy as you thought it was.

Mr Rix (Papworth) returned before the referendum.

The couple that bought the mobile home returned in the last few weeks because of their fear of what Brexit could mean for them.

Your getting confused.
The old fella at the checkout was from Portugal. He is the widower. He is the one staying over here with his daughter to get treatment.

The Couple that returned from France so that he could get the treatment he needed at Papworth(Mr Rix)

The couple that returned from Spain(because of brexit) bought the mobile home.

Maybe they(Portugal) rank 14th in the cities.

I think you will find that website for expats is kept up to date.

Are you perhaps trying a little too hard to be right.

Your getting confused.
The old fella at the checkout was from Portugal. He is the widower. He is the one staying over here with his daughter to get treatment.

The Couple that returned from France so that he could get the treatment he needed at Papworth(Mr Rix)

The couple that returned from Spain(because of brexit) bought the mobile home.

Maybe they(Portugal) rank 14th in the cities.

I think you will find that website for expats is kept up to date.

Are you perhaps trying a little too hard to be right.

My god its like an episode of Soap.

Confused? You will be!

I told a story about an old fella I met in a checkout queue in another thread. You asked me about that. That thread was locked so I replied here. The fact that you have doubts about that is irrelevant. I met him and he told me that story.

You then went onto say that you didn't think it likely that a person would return to the UK from a country(you say) that has better healthcare. I went on to post the example of Mr Rix(Papworth).

You turned the subject to brexit so I mentioned the couple that bought the mobile home because of their fears.

I have been reading an expat forum tonight where someone was recently trying to home their farther-in-law dogs because he had had to return to the UK from Portugal for healthcare.

There are many mentions of the need to have private insurance in addition to basic care provided and that many fail to obtain it. Fail to plan for their future needs and end up having to return to the UK.

I also became aware of the fact that David Cameron's government changed the rules(2015) for expats returning for treatment on the nhs because so many were doing so.

I was surprised that Tony Blair and David Cameron governments have made it difficult for expats to return while letting so many from elsewhere in.

David Cameron's government
Tony Blair and David Cameron governments
I think you'll fid that it is Theresa May at the helm now and has been for many years. How has she made it difficult for ex-pats to return? In fact, how does any government make it difficult for ex-pats to return?

Sponsored Links
Back