Thermaclassic f24e Combi Boiler keeps cutting out on hot water only.

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi
central heating is fine but when the boiler is cold the hot water isn't working well. Boiler cuting out every few seconds. After about 5 minutes of this all is well and works normally.
Any ideas which part might be at fault here?

Saunier Duval - thermaclassicr f24e Combi.

Many thanks A

Sponsored Links
Likely the diverter or flow sensor - need an engineer on site really.

Could it not be a blocked heat exchanger?

Thanks for the replies. Understand an engineer brings the experience to know the likely culprit and maybe diag tools or hook up to the board to see what is going on.

Would like to avoid the expense for now. But let's see how the trouble shooting develops.

Boiler is 18yrs old so could be anything suggested so far. The only clue maybe that it' is only problematic for the first few minutes when coming in on the evening for the hot water only. Then all is good.

Think we have the same issue in the morning but I'm not awake yet!

Thanks again.
A

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not really able to swap it out at the moment.

Can see saunier duvals are problematic. And from the bits I've replaced over the years I'd say that's a well earnt reputation...
...timer, diverter valve, non return valve, refill valve.

If we crack this problem then it might help others as well.

Thanks for the replies.

it is fixed - replacing the main control board with another, "as new" board for a reasonable price.

The original version was hard to come buy but replaced with a newer universal S104700 "SYMSI 7.0" which I could find over here at a reasonable price approx £100

Super chuffed, and thanks for everyone who contributed.

And yes, totally agree in the long term this thing needs changing. Fortunately I am not paying for someone to do the work - that would probably make any repairs un-economical. Recent service was done by a pro, who says it is running very well, lets hope things work ok for the winter and beyond.

It's my first time on the forum and appreciate it. Learnt some essential things from older threads.

Cheers A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back