thermilate paint

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about inti condensation paint?..if so yes..only to a degree though.

yes mate, although I was thinking of using it for its thermal properties in an attempt to insulate.
Cheers

i don`t think that it has that much of a U value as to make it worth while using for insulation.

wallpaper is probably much highier

Sponsored Links
The paint is mainly aimed at reducing the chances of condensation forming on walls where warm air meets cold.

Polysterene is more or less the same...you wont notice any difference in room temp..plus the walls can be damaged easily.

consider that loft insulation is usually 150mm to 250mm

Cavity wall about 50mm

and the paint is probably less than 0.5mm

not going to make much difference.

If you were thinking of a solid wall, you might consider cladding it, with f/glass batts under the cladding.

Cheers for replies and thoughts of the paint, I was hoping for some miracle answers like yes I've used t and its great. etc.
Cladding wouldn't work as it would make the new windows look odd as the cill would nearly be covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back